Have you always wanted to ride a bike, but the time never seemed right? Maybe the last time you rode a bike was 20 years ago. Want to learn to ride or try riding again in a safe environment? Cycles for Change’s adult Learn to Ride class may be just right for you. Learn to Ride is available at a sliding scale cost of $0-$150, with the true cost per person being $90. No one is turned away for an inability to pay. However, we ask that you pay as close to the real $90 cost as you can so that this programming can continue to be possible. Any contributions above $90 help to ensure that this class is open to everyone. Learn to Ride courses are open to anyone 14 years old or older. Please contact Low Kling, Programs Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
About the classes:
- Each Learn to Ride session consists of 90 minutes classes and each session runs for four weeks.
- Classes focus on teaching the basics of how to ride and pedal a bicycle for adults who have never learned, or for whom it’s been a long time.
- Our curriculum starts with and emphasizes learning to balance, followed by learning to pedal. Then, participants progress to working on basic bike handling skills and how to ride in the road. C4C provides helmets and bikes for participants during classes. While the bikes we provide are just for use during classes, the helmets are for participants to keep!
Volunteering for Learn to Ride classes:
Volunteering as Learn to Ride Instructor is an amazing way to share a love of biking, promote riding in the Twin Cities, and build community. Volunteers work with staff and other volunteers to teach our Learn to Ride curriculum, offer encouragement, and help make class a supportive learning environment.
- Skills Needed: Instructors are required to have attended a Learn To Ride Train-The-Trainer training. Volunteers should have patience, enjoy working with people, and be friendly, respectful, and fun-loving.
- Commitment: Ability to attend and help with an entire session of Learn To Ride Classes (1x per week for 4 weeks). See schedule below.